Recently we reviewed Artisteer which is a fabulous web design automation product that helps you create fantastic custom website templates and blog themes with ease. We also announced a giveaway of 2 licenses for Artisteer – Home and Academic Edition.
And here are the two lucky winners chosen out of the all the entries.
Congratulations! to the lucky winners. We will contact you soon by email and provide you with further details.
We are planning for more giveaways soon! So, keep track of the latest updates on MyTestBox.
BuddyPress 1.1.3 has been released. This new release fixes a number of issues with the 1.1.2 release of BuddyPress.
Briefly, BuddyPress is a set of plugins and themes, which can be used to extend the functionality of WordPress MU and bring social networking features to a new or existing installation. These suite of plugins can be used either independently or cumulatively to create a complete social network. Some specific plugins could also be used to add desirable features to your existing blog network.
Following are the list of changes made since BuddyPress 1.1.2
- Fixed bug where joining a group via AJAX would fail to record in activity streams.
- Fixed bug with activation email when a site admin adds a user through the WordPress dashboard.
- Fixed bug where some plugins would break the activity stream formatting.
- Fixed bug where demotion of a member in a group would fail.
- Fixed bug where non-working delete links for activity stream items would show on friends activity stream.
- Fixed bug where some users could not delete their accounts, even if a site admin had turned the setting on.
- Fixed display issue with RSS feed link on user profiles.
- Fixed issues with duplicate CSS ID’s on activity stream items.
Source: BuddyPress community blog
Download BuddyPress here.
ocPortal, one of the upcoming web content management systems has released its new version 4.3 RC 1. This release has huge number of new features and bug fixes. If you haven’t tried ocPortal yet, you might want to check a personal demo here.
This version is a feature release that introduces a number of bug fixes since the last release and some performance improvements and features.
- You can now set an option from config_editor.php to make bots receive cached versions of pages, so that bot activity is less likely to slow down your site
- A new “self-learning” technology has been developed to reduce the number of language strings that need to be loaded for individual pages. ocPortal will automatically learn which pages use which strings, so it only needs to load those ones “next time around” (the technology is adaptive, so if the pool of strings is insufficient, it loads more, but learns)
- Extra compression of some of the PNG files (most were already well compressed though)
- Advanced users can configure ocPortal to spread theme images across a CDN(requires use of OcCLE and the Code Book, and a properly configured network of CDN servers)
- A well configured ocPortal server can now get a “Green tick” on Google PageSpeed and an “A grade” on YSlow.
- Memory usage has been improved a bit
- The number of queries used has been improved a bit in certain areas
- The number of queries in general is reduced, by automatic pre-fetching of translate-table content
- Various small optimisations to improve server-side PHP performance have been made
- Removed some unused CSS
- The database connection/initialisation code is now “lazy” meaning that AJAX scripts that do not end up needing to use the database will not establish an unnecessary connection
- New installs will now use the ‘HEAP’ MySQL table type for the sessions table, minimising the need for queries that cause disk writes
- Support for persistent caching on APC.
OpenGoo, an easy to use open source web office software, which we have reviewed here, has recently released its new version 1.6 release candidate. In brief, OpenGoo is a web office software that allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet. It is a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.,
This is the release candidate before the final release of OpenGoo version 1.6.
Following are some of the major changes since OpenGoo version 1.6-beta3.
- User config option to hide quoted text added.
- Added a cron event to clear tmp folder.
- Added an icon for archived objects on the object’s view, like there is for trashed objects.
- When deleting a company warnings about deleting users.
- Displaying a document in IIS showed “Connection reset error”.
- Tags with accents don’t filter correctly on IE.
- ’24 hour’ / ‘AM-PM’ user config option not respected in listings.
- Add user: billing category is mandatory, it shouldn’t be mandatory.
- Error importing companies when no workspace is selected.
- If forwarding an email with attachments, saving a draft, and sending the email, an error pops up about not being able to attach.
- When importing contacts from a vCard file, all contacts with no email were considered as the same contact.
- Fixed several Errors and warnings logged in log.php.
- Objects of archived workspaces were not being filtered out.
- Archived documents and messages were not being filtered out of the Dashboard.
- Search results were printed in reverse modified date order.
- Contact birthdays were not being shown in the dashboard calendar.
- When viewing a custom report, date parameters in conditions were shown as today’s date.
Source: OpenGoo Blog
Recently we reviewed Artisteer which is a prolific web design automation product that helps you create fantastic custom website templates and blog themes with ease. With Artisteer you can easily become an expert in web designing, editing graphics, coding XHTML and CSS, creating templates for Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and other CMS in minutes without the need of much technical skills.
We are glad to inform you that we are giving away two licenses for Artisteer – Home and Academic Edition.
Three simple rules to be eligible,
- Subscribe to our Email newsletter to stay updated with the latest news and reviews related to web software.
- Re Tweet this post using the Re-Tweet button (Optional).
- Leave a comment on this post with your Name and email id used for subscription.
Anyone can participate in the contest and each of the two lucky winners will be rewarded with a license for Artisteer – Home and Academic Edition, web design automation software.
Entries will be accepted till November 30th, 2009.
Artisteer is a prolific web design automation product that helps you easily create fantastic custom website templates and blog themes. With Artisteer you can easily become an expert in web designing, editing graphics, coding XHTML and CSS, creating templates for Joomla, WordPress, Drupal and other CMS in minutes without the need of much technical skills.
- Create WordPress theme designs in minutes
- Export created themes to Blogger, Joomla, WordPress and other Content Management Systems
- Choose and use many included design elements, from backgrounds to photo objects and buttons.
- Design themes without any need to learn Photoshop, CSS, HTML or other technologies
Artisteer has an easy-to-use interface with a wide range of options to customize the look and feel of your template. The changes you make in the menu options are instantly reflected in the preview. This allows you to change the design or further enhance your template according to you needs.
If you are in search of a CMS and are considering MySource Matrix, an Open Source Content Management System then the following screencasts will give you an overview of the two interfaces it offers for content managers, authors and administrators.
The Simple Edit Interface
This screencast gives an overview of the Simple Edit Interface of MySource Matrix. It allows authors to edit content using the WYSIWYG editor on a simple web page interface. This interface offers a strictly limited set of functionality and is designed to allow authors with little or no MySource Matrix knowledge and limited technical skills to edit content.
The Administration Interface
This screencast gives an outlook of the Administration, or the back-end interface which provides access to the full contents of the MySource Matrix system and all of its functionality. The interface is non-technical but it does require training to be able to operate properly.
WordPress.com is now available in 60+ languages. With this new translation platform – GlotPress, any text on your dashboard, widgets or themes can be shown in one of the supported languages. This can be done by specifying a different language in the Language Settings of your blog’s dashboard.
The Automattic team mentioned that,
Given the accelerated pace at which new features have been rolling out, we have been working on a new and improved translation platform that will make life easier for all involved.
- Filters for everything
- Pagination – no more filtering through thousands of strings
- Faster, optimized process of string validation and deployment
- Much easier to add new languages
You might want to read more about this new translation platform from Automattic here.
OpenGoo, an easy to use open source web office software, which we have reviewed here, has recently released its new version 1.6 beta 3. In brief, OpenGoo is a web office software that allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet. It is a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.,
This is the third beta release towards version 1.6 final.
Following are some of the major changes since 1.6-beta2.
- Added pagination to the Time module.
- Show ‘Archived by’ in object properties if an object is archived.
- Show read/unread status in Dahsboard/View as list.
- Warn a user when replying or forwarding an email and a new email arrives at the conversation.
- Add the magnifying glass to the email views.
- Removed ‘Account already being checked’ error message.
Apart from the above changes many other bug fixes have been made. You can download OpenGoo version 1.6 beta 3 here.
Source: OpenGoo blog
Movable Type, an open source blog software, which we have reviewed here has recently released its new version 5 RC 2. Following are some of the highlights in this release.
- A lot of work has been done by the Movable Type team to get the dynamic publishing in sync with the static publishing.
- Updates to the Professional blog templates have been made.
- Unbundling of Motion and Action Streams
- The Entry/Page “previous” and “next” container tags now account for entries/pages with the same date-time, rather than skipping them.