ocPortal, one of the upcoming web content management systems has released its new version 4.3 RC 3. This version introduces some new features and a number of bug fixes have been made since the last release. If you haven’t tried ocPortal yet, you might want to check a personal demo here.
- WordPress, Joomla and HTML web site importer
- iCal exporter and quiz responses CSV exporter
- New ‘importer redirects’, which lets you easily redirect to the appropriate place in ocPortal, for cases when import is done natively through modules
- Added submit-URLs to the side_news block, main_forum_news block and side_forum_news block
- Reply counts have been added to the side_forum_news block
- New Comcode ‘pulse’ tag which is configurable with parameters
- New parameter to main_leader_board block has been added to filter out staff from the points leaderboard
- CAPTCHA support has been added to the main_contact_simple block and main_contact_us block
- Auto search capability for expanded day selection
- Allowed the download A-Z index to support ocFilter notation
New features for developers:
- Generalised shared-installs support so it is more flexible for people
- Improved shared-install functionality, so that theme files and Comcode pages may be shared between sites also, if desired
- Added memory debugging functions for developers
- ocPortal can now run without a database as the inbuilt database is now a bundled feature
- New developer feature has been added for the quick addition of language strings, written (temporarily) in-line into the code
- Added support for running a server behind a proxy server
Read more at ocPortal News
Feng Office is one of the prolific web office software available that, allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet in an effective way. It’s a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.,
We got an opportunity to interview the CEO of Feng Office to share some thoughts about this intriguing web software.
Following is the interview,
How did it all start, a brief history of Feng Office
Feng Office (under the name OpenGoo) started as a degree project at the faculty of Engineering of the University of the Republic, Uruguay. The project was presented and championed by Software Engineer Conrado Viña. Software Engineers Marcos Saiz and Ignacio de Soto developed the first prototype as their thesis. Professors Eduardo Fernández and Tomás Laurenzo served as tutors. Conrado, Ignacio and Marcos founded the OpenGoo community and remain active members and core developers. The thesis was approved with the highest score.
Why Feng Office – the key features?
Although the technology for many applications needed by Small Businesses (Document Managment, Project Management, Customer Management) was mature enough, we realized businesses still couldn’t access it, because of one main factor: total cost of ownership. Total cost of ownership was comprised by the individual cost of each software package (licenses), installation and set-up fees, and support and maintenance for each package. Not only that, but the business would en up with un-integrated solutions, which in itselfs adds integration costs (wether the integration is manual work, or custom software integration).
Integration among CRM, Project Management, and Document Management applications is a natural business need. We solved the problem by developing a standard package that integrates those applications into a single one. We also got rid of licensing costs and most of the installation costs.
We are currently running two giveaways, Don’t forget to take part in these giveaways. Try and make the most of these giveaways to get hands on a prolific Joomla based book from PACKT and high-quality premium WordPress themes from Panda Themes.
ImpressPages is an open source content management system which lets you build functional and effective websites in quick time. It’s interface is user friendly and can be adapted to your needs. It’s multilingual, absolutely free and open source.
If you spend lot of time on editing font type, re-sizing pictures, regulating spaces between elements etc., then ImpressPages could be a real time saver for you. It is based on the idea that most functions of CMS could be performed automatically. With ImpressPages, all the information could be administered directly in the website without the need to perform sequential tasks.
We are pleased to inform you that Panda Themes has given us the opportunity to giveaway the following three premium WordPress themes to three lucky winners.
A brief introduction about Panda Themes
Panda Themes specializes in creating WordPress themes for web developers, designers, and other freelancers who would like to have a professional design without having to pay thousands of dollars for an elegant custom web design. All WordPress themes available at Panda Themes for purchase individually in standard service, advanced service and in developer packages.
The three premium themes we are giving away are,
Portfolio v.7 is an elegant, light and compact WordPress theme with a powerful theme panel and options to customize the style as per your needs.
Recently we reviewed the book, Joomla with Flash, build stunning, content-rich, and interactive websites with Joomla! 1.5 and Flash CS4.
As indicated in the review, the book, Joomla! with Flash, is aimed at explaining how to use Flash objects with Joomla! content with minimal efforts and maximum output.
We are pleased to inform you that we are giving away an exclusive copy of this book to a lucky winner.
Three simple rules to be eligible,
- Subscribe to our Email newsletter to stay updated with the latest news and reviews related to web software’s.
- Re Tweet this post using the Re-Tweet button (optional).
- Leave a comment on this post with your Name and email id used for subscription.
Entries will be accepted till February 1st, 2010.
Joomla! is an award winning Content Management System(CMS) with a wide range of features. It’s a prolific CMS which is suitable for designing and maintaining any type of websites. Joomla has a modular architecture, providing the users with lots of options for extensibility. Apart from the fabulous modules, it is also well known for strong security, templating system, extensive community support and the authorization framework.
There are many extensions available for Joomla! like plug-ins and modules to extend the functionality of Joomla!. These extensions provide – further options for customization, enhancing the functionality as well as ease of administration.
You might want to integrate technologies such as Flash into Joomla!, as it provides great features for creating stunning graphics, interactive games, animated objects and alike to add a new flavor to your site.
The book, Joomla! with Flash, is aimed at explaining how to use Flash objects with Joomla! content with minimal efforts and maximum output.
Paperback 260 pages [191mm x 235mm]
Release date October 2009
ISBN 13 978-1-847198-24-2
Author(s) Suhreed Sarkar
Topics and Technologies Content Management, PHP/MySQL, Open Source, Joomla!
This book enables you to build interactive and content-rich web sites with Joomla! 1.5 and Flash CS4.
- You can build stunning web site(s) and integrate Flash objects into Joomla!
- Joomla! with Flash gives you step-by-step guidelines on how to create stunning photo galleries with Flash transition and animation effects
- The books also includes explanation on, how to use interactive Flash-based maps, animations, videos, charts, MP3 players, logos, headers, and banners in Joomla!-based web sites
- Contains easy to follow guides with enriched screenshots for better understanding.
- After going through the book, you can renovate your Joomla! based web site into an interactive, feature-rich multimedia site
Movable Type, an open source blog software, which we have reviewed here, has recently released its new version 5.01. Following are some of the highlights in this release.
Some long-awaited features like the following are made available in this release:
- User Dashboard for quick access to the most used blogs and websites
- Themes are provided with full support for custom fields, templates, static files, categories, folders, etc for blogs and websites
- Revision History for entries, pages, and templates
- Websites for grouping blogs together
- Custom Fields are made available for all objects
Movable Type 5.01 is available in English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Dutch and French.
Source: Movable Type blog
And here are the three lucky winners chosen out of the all the entries.
Congratulations! to the lucky winners. We will contact you soon by email and provide you with further details.
We are planning for more giveaways soon! So, keep track of the latest updates on MyTestBox.