Elgg, a popular free and open source web software for social networking, which we have mentioned here, has released its new version 1.7 beta. Access control is one of the most powerful features of Elgg. Everything created in Elgg, be it a blog post, an uploaded file, an element of your profile, etc., can be restricted to as many or few people you want. It’s a prolific open source web software for social networking.
Some of the key changes in Elgg 1.7 include:
- Full UTF-8 support in the database
- Full text search, as a joint effort between Curverider and the MITRE corporation
- More manageable user data directories
- A new entity-fetching API
- Working and re-written REST API
- Many bugfixes have also been made in this release
Elgg 1.7 enhances security by requiring security tokens on all actions. Plugins that have not been updated to use security tokens will produce a “Form is missing __token or __ts fields” error.
WordPress for BlackBerry app version 1.0 has been released. It allows you to write posts, upload photos and videos, edit pages, and manage comments. Both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher) web sites are supported by this application. You can download the application and start blogging on the go! This application works with most recent BlackBerry devices starting with the 8700, Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm, Storm2 and Tour.
New features in this version:
- Ability to record and upload videos from your phone. We now support both 3gp and 3g2 formats on older generation BlackBerry devices.
- Introducing support for the HD video service VideoPress.
- Streamlined UI and functionality relating to comment moderation.
- Overall enhancements to the speed and stability of the application.
And here are the three lucky winners chosen out of the all the entries.
Congratulations! to the lucky winners. We will contact you soon by email and provide you with further details.
We are planning for more giveaways soon! So, keep track of the latest updates on MyTestBox.