Concrete5, an open source content management system has recently released its new version 5.4 with some major feature updates. You might want to go through more about Concrete5 here. Following are some of the major features updates in this new release.
- Improved layouts and design: with a new layouts engine that lets areas be split into columns, allows for saving layouts into presets. This updated design engine lets areas and blocks take custom designs, and allows for saving of designs into presets.
- This version of Concrete5 has a better marketplace integration. It provides you with better search/filtering from within concrete5 dashboard. You can connect your web site once, rather than continuously login with your concrete5 account. You can also get support from your add-ons from a project page.
- Improved Editing Experience: It makes adding and editing of blocks, updating page properties easy through AJAX, without having to reload pages. Add Block Overlay can be filtered using the keyboard, ala OS X Spotlight/Google Live Search.
- One click upgrade, including the ability to download updates, and upgrade to them when you wish.
- Core updates, addon updates, news and guide updates are unified in system notifications, which are available from the dashboard home page and a new notifications area.
- Improved Sitemap performance, including a new sitemap “explore” mode that offers paging.
- Better Permissions: Added task-based permissions, including the ability to set who can log in as another user, edit page defaults, perform database backups, access the sitemap, un-install packages and search users.
Major Performance Improvements include,
- As ‘Page list’ and ‘Autonav’ blocks were causing problems when previewing on large sites – preview no longer loads on init in this release
- The loading performance of the dashboard has been improved by making feed load asynchronously.
- The number of queries have been cut down in this release, by using cache. Cache should now cache files, packages, page types, block types.
Read more about Concrete5 version 5.4 here.