Briefly about DotNetNuke web content management platform: DotNetNuke open source project, is one of the widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for building web sites and web applications based on Microsoft .NET. DotNetNuke can be used to quickly develop dynamic and user interactive web sites and web applications.
This new release of DotNetNuke includes tools which target the needs of business-critical web sites – including page level content change approval workflows, new tools for editing pages easily , and a new ribbon bar control panel.
As mentioned in a press release, “The DotNetNuke platform, includes new features in version 5.3 such as a sophisticated taxonomy system, a new messaging capability and API, and an enhanced social media user profile feature for richer online user experiences.”
Some of the highlights of this new version of DotNetNuke are,
- Page Level Content Change Approval Workflows: Administrators can now create custom workflows, with an unlimited number of states and reviewers. At the page level, workflows can be set to require approval for any module changes on a specified page. Workflows can also be defined at the module level, which needs approval for changes to content modifications in an individual module.
- Ribbon Bar Control Panel: The new ribbon bar control panel enables content contributors with additional editing options in a convenient format, allowing users to create pages, install new modules, edit content, and preview pages quickly and easily.
- My Editable Pages: The new editing feature provides links to all of the pages and modules in the site that a content contributor has permission to modify, enabling more efficient page editing.
New features in this version of DotNetNuke include,
- Taxonomy: An advanced taxonomy system enables a web site administrator to create an unlimited number of vocabularies of terms to associate to pages or modules in a site. These attributes are stored in a common content store, which provides new ways to aggregate and publish content.
- Social Networking: A new, rich user profile forms the basis for advanced social networking applications. It allows users to upload photos so they can easily personalize their identity and supports templates for layout customization.
- Messaging Capability: A new message repository and API allows messages to be delivered in different ways including real-time and batch. An inbox provides users with a view of the messages they have received and sent, as well as administrative tools to manage the messages.