The Joomla Project, which recently celebrated 10 million downloads has announced the immediate availability of Joomla 1.5.12, code named ‘Wojmamni Ama Woi’. This release contains a number of bug fixes and three moderate-level security fixes.
This release marks an important milestone for the Joomla Project due to the upgrade of the PEAR library to the new BSD licensed version, which brings the code base into full compliance with the GPL.
In addition, this release contains an important upgrade to TinyMCE v 18.104.22.168. The Production Working Group’s goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
Here are some of the fixes and improvements the community has made to this current release:
- Category List Layout sorts correctly.
- Category List Layout HTML error resolved.
- Minimum User Level for Media Manager works correctly for Editors submitting Articles.
- Article Manager shows non-duplicated Page Titles with Page Breaks.
- Section Filter for Content Component correctly lists only Article Categories.
- Reverted escaping of miscellaneous information field in com_contact.
- Update to TinyMCE 22.214.171.124.
- Updated installer SQL to correspond with TinyMCE upgrade.
- Added missing language strings for TinyMCE after initial upgrade.
- CSS files save correctly when edited using Template Manager.
- Upgraded PEAR with a newer version that has BSD licensing.
- PHPMailer allows secure connections to SMTP Servers.
- File::upload() uses chmod 644 in FTP mode.
- Tooltips correctly encoded.
- Reverted detailed module caching fix.
If you haven’t tried Joomla! yet, you can check out the online demo.
Source: Joomla Announcements