Joomla! version 1.5.5 was just released to the public. This address a Duplicate Title error from the version 1.5.4. This new release also has important SEF URL improvements and fixes for “com_content”. And, of course, it contains other bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 1.5.5 has been out only three weeks since version 1.5.4 was released, which shows how quickly the Joomla community responds to the demands of the users.
Here are some of the fixes and improvements the community has made to this current release:
* Fix Duplicate Titles Bug
* SEF URL improvements and fixes for com_content
* “Register to Read More” fixes for Newsflash
* Category Blog pagination and Link List corrected
* Installer fixes for updates to Components and Modules
* Fixed Contact Item Bad Word parameter that prevented email
* mosmsg now used by 1.0.x extensions
* Private Messaging Search now returns results
* Fixed error restricting Search to Article content only
* Improved 403 reporting for Submit Article and Web link permission issues
* Category List Menu Item and Frontend now allow List length selection
* Page Break and Read More fixes
* Archived Articles now link correctly with SEF URLs
* JA Purity Hornav position, login token code, and language string fixes
* BEEZ fieldset alignments for Search and Read More link corrections
* SWF Banner correction allowing definition of dimensions
Below you have some instructions on how to deal with this new Joomla version:
- For a new install follow the steps here: http://help.joomla.org/content/category/48/268/302/
- To upgrade your current 1.5 installation follow the steps here: http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_1.5_from_an_existing_1.5x_version
About Joomla content management system (CMS)
Joomla! is an award-winning Content Management System (CMS) that will help you build websites and other powerful online applications. Joomla! is anopen source software solution available to everybody for free. It is programmed in PHP
Joomla! is used all over the world to power everything from simple personal homepages to complex corporate and e-commerce web applications.
Below some examples of how people are using this software:
* Online commerce
* Corporate websites or portals
* Magazines and newspapers
* Small business websites
* Personal or family homepages
* Government applications
* Non-profit and organizational websites
* School and church websites
* Community-based portals
* Corporate intranets and extranets
* the possibilities are limitless…
Joomla! can be used to easily manage every aspect of your website (adding content and images, updating a product catalog, taking online reservations, etc.).
Joomla CMS can be enhanced by add-ons written by third party developers (Joomla extensions directory can be found here: http://extensions.joomla.org/).