Kaltura Community Edition Beta 1.5 has been released. It’s a self-hosted, community supported version of Kaltura’s Open Source Online Video Platform. Once installed, any site can benefit from comprehensive video and rich media functionalities including video management, searching, uploading, importing, editing, annotating, remixing and sharing.
Kaltura will allow you to easily build rich-media applications. Kaltura CE and is available under the GNU Affero General Public License v3. Additional value-added services are available from Kaltura, including: consulting, expert support, hosting & streaming, CDN network, advertising and monetization, video SEO and more.
- 100% Open Source (GNU Affero General Public License v3) – built on PHP
- Self-hosted and free
- Stream from your local server or CDN of your choice.
- Easily integrate and customize.
- Full access to APIs and API calls.
- Maintain data security – private and secure, behind your firewall.
Main Components included in the KalturaCE Alpha Package
- Content upload, bulk upload.
- Search and import content from online repositories.
- Content and application management.
- Video encoding and image manipulation.
- System monitoring console.
- Kaltura Management Console (KMC( – full content and widget management application
- Kaltura Dynamic Player +Playlist (KDP) – Highly customizable rich media player and a playlist extension
- Kaltura Uploader (Contribution Wizard) – Customizable wizard, enabling end users to easily upload and import media from various sources using a single interface
- Kaltura Standard Editor (KSE) – This video editor allows users to create remixes from images, audio and video files. Easy to use UI and customizable skin and locale
- Kaltura Advanced Editor (KAE) – Full featured video editor to create remixes from images, audio and video files based on timeline-based editing. Customizable skin and locale, extensions, dynamic features and statistics and JS hooks integration
Downloads are available from Kaltura.