Movable Type, an open source blog software, which we have reviewed here has released its new version 5 beta 3. It includes many improvements and has various new user interface elements. Movable Type team mentioned that Beta 4 will be the last beta before there are two release candidates. And, the launch of Movable Type version 5 is targeted for late November.
Some of the major improvements in this release are,
- Automatic website provisioning based upon blog domain names during upgrade from MT4.x and MT3.x
- Allow sub-domain blogs under one single website.
- Selected tab is saved on “Websites and Blogs” widget on the user dashboard, so once the user clicks the “blogs” tab, this tab will be selected upon subsequent visits.
- Create New shortcut button on Website/Blog dashboard.
- Cleaner and simpler User Dashboard.
- Improved menu and button placement on [Edit Entry/Page] screens.
- Download a zipped theme file when user [Exports Theme].
- Display “SSI” enable/disable status icon on template listing screens.
- Display links to published pages when user searches templates.
- Do not create any sample pages when user create a new website or blog.
- Motion and Action Stream template-sets are unbundled from Pro pack. These should be re-arranged to themes or addons.
Read more about the updates in this release here.
Download the Movable Type version 5 Beta here.