ocPortal, one of the upcoming web content mangement systems has released its new version 4.2. This release has huge number of new features and bug fixes. If you haven’t tried ocPortal yet, you might want to check a personal demo here.
New features include:
- Online store (shopping cart)
- Big cleanup of blogging/news features
- Tidy-up of galleries
- Posting-rate graph
- True multi-language support – virtually all content (news posts, forum posts, CEDI pages, etc) can be translated.
- More data-conversion choices – importing from CSV files, RSS and JPEG meta-data, and ocPortal’s new XML format for synchronization of data between sites
- Google Sitemap generation
- Twitter and Facebook syndication
- A new weather block to show the current weather in a given location
- Refreshed forum driver support (IPB3, vBulletin 3.8, SMF 2)
- All the menu templates and CSS have been rewritten to be far easier to understand and modify
- About 30 new config options, to allow greater flexibility
- Error messages are now much more thorough, providing solutions on how to resolve the errors
- Performance improvements, particularly to reduce memory usage
- Search-friendly URLs (URLs with keywords in, rather than ID numbers)
- Reviews support (e.g. people can post reviews for a catalogue entry)
- MkPortal import, and feature parity: Slide-shows and eCards from galleries, Top-sites support
- New ‘carousel’ Comcode tag
- Overhaul of the support ticket system, including SMS alert support
- Encrypted custom profile fields (CPFs) and privacy settings
- Flash and Java based uploaders
- Further improved best practice compliance for web standards, and support for the semantic web (“Web 3.0″) – Microformat support, Dublin Core support, and more.
Check out other features about the ocPortal version 4.2 here.