OpenGoo, an easy to use open source web office software, which we have reviewed here, has released its new version 1.5 final. In brief, OpenGoo is a web office software that allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet. It is a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.
Many new features have been added to this release, lot of bug fixes have been made and it has been exhaustively tested by the OpenGoo community and development team.
The new features are:
Improvements in the Email module:
- Email attachments have been added. Now you can attach any type of object as a link in the email, or in case of files optionally attach the content.
- Email signature, allows you to define a text signature for each account.
- Email checking has been improved, which fixed many problems while fetching email through IMAP or POP3.
- When writing an email your progress will be automatically saved.
Drag and drop:
- Now you can change an object’s workspaces by dragging the object into the workspace panel.
- You can apply tags to an object by dragging an object into the tag panel.
- Change an event’s, task’s or milestone’s date by dragging it around in the calendar and change the duration of an event by dragging its bottom edge.
- Now you can define parameters for a template that you can fill in when creating the objects, parameters can be text or dates. This allows you to define templates with tasks or milestones whose dates depend on each others.
- Calendar and Email toolbar has been enhanced.
- Both start and due dates of a task are now shown on the calendar.
- User selection interfaces to select subscribers has been improved.
- Recurrent tasks, allows you to define tasks that need to be done periodically.
- Set the default value for user preferences, if you are an administrator.
- Improved group permissions, now you can define per workspace permissions for groups.
- Users IP address are logged when they log in.
- Enhanced permissions for time management etc.,
You might want to check out a demo of Opengoo here.