ocPortal, which we have mentioned here, one of the upcoming web content management systems has released its new version 4.3 RC 3. This version introduces some new features and a number of bug fixes have been made since the last release. If you haven’t tried ocPortal yet, you might want to check a personal demo here.
Following are the new features and fixes that have been made in this new releae.
- Fixed problems with CSS image paths on SSL
- Fixed that CEDI pages were missing in the Permission Tree Editor
- Fixed errors in the CEDI new-post notification emails
- Fixed some major problems that had developed with Facebook HPHP support
- Fixed problem with main_quotes block on Facebook HPHP
- Fixed Comcode-render permissions on various notification emails*
- Fixed various problems on our inbuilt database for developers
- Fixed stack trace when stock maintenance warnings are sent
- Fixed problems on multi-site installs with regard to template overriding in the default theme
- Fixed stack trace when uploading archives to the attachment system
- Fixed problem with cache-safety of the Comcode ‘list’ tag
- Fixed rare missing parameter error in side_forum_news block, if certain parameters used
- Fixed error when adding a zero-byte file to a TAR file
- Fixed bugs in shopping cart system, with regard to disabling stock control and hiding protected fields.
- Fixed problem whereby on galleries in flow mode it would say ‘edit image’ for a video (now just says ‘edit’)
- Fixed error when hovering over the Zones icon
- Fixed proxy server support via the cURL library
- Fixed problem with results-browser template producing (unseen) errors
- Fixed the instant messengers intelligent chat message box growth on Google Chrome
- Fixed the mouse monitoring API on IE
- Fixed the Comcode ‘section_controller’ tag so that the controller may go before the content, if desired
- Fixed problem submitting uploaded files on IE if URLs are supported also
- Fixed rare stack trace in XHTML validation code
- Fixed problem with SpellChecker since 4.3.1
- Upgraded side_weather block for Yahoo’s new location IDs
- Added extra parameters to main_rss and side_rss blocks
- Added date sorting to side_rss block
- Improved catalogue AED usability, less abstract UI
- Made chat bots have decent usernames instead of being just a Guest
- Allowed chat bots to respond to general messages (rather than just private messages sent to them)
- Allowed chat bots to decide whether to make a response or not
- Stopped errors inside previews giving links to show a stack trace
- Speculative fix to an error message showing a problem inside the points API for an AJAX script
- Added Google Chrome detection support
- Changes to primary-key-length restrictions, to ensure compatibility with file-system based database such as our inbuilt development database
- Allowed MySQL ‘DESCRIBE’ queries to work correctly
- Allowed canceling of eCommerce orders that were not taken up, and making them sink to the bottom
- Made the point count on the OCF member bar a link to the logged-in member’s points profile
- Added missing description for the products catalogue
- Added warning to stop people accidentally locking themselves out of the Admin Zone by making their usergroup not a super-administrator
- Reference the ‘development tools’ in the footer, in the Style section of the Admin Zone
- Added dismissible warning if the Setup Wizard is never run
Read more about this new release of OcPortal 4.3.2 here.
WordPress for BlackBerry application allows you to write posts, upload photos and videos, edit pages, and manage comments. Both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher) web sites are supported by this application. You can download the application and start blogging on the go!
This application works with most recent BlackBerry devices starting with the 8700, Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm, Storm2 and Tour. Recently WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.1 has been released with some interesting new features like geotagging for posts, comment notifications, improved UI interaction for Touch devices. This latest version sports a new file browser with thumbnails support and has overall enhancements for speed and stability of the application.
Some of the new features in WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.1 are:
- Comment Notifications
- Geotagging of Posts
- Improved UI interaction on Touch devices
- Introduction of Touch Gestures: Sliding a finger to the left or right quickly on the Comment screen displays the next or
- Photo Resizing improvements with user defined dimensions
- New File Browser with thumbnails support
- Overall enhancements to the speed and stability of the application
The application now supports the English, Italian, Finnish, French, Indonesian, German and Portuguese languages.
You might want to read more about this release at WordPress for BlackBerry blog.
Elgg, a popular free and open source web software for social networking, which we have mentioned here, has released its new version 1.7 beta. Access control is one of the most powerful features of Elgg. Everything created in Elgg, be it a blog post, an uploaded file, an element of your profile, etc., can be restricted to as many or few people you want. It’s a prolific open source web software for social networking.
Some of the key changes in Elgg 1.7 include:
- Full UTF-8 support in the database
- Full text search, as a joint effort between Curverider and the MITRE corporation
- More manageable user data directories
- A new entity-fetching API
- Working and re-written REST API
- Many bugfixes have also been made in this release
Elgg 1.7 enhances security by requiring security tokens on all actions. Plugins that have not been updated to use security tokens will produce a “Form is missing __token or __ts fields” error.
WordPress for BlackBerry app version 1.0 has been released. It allows you to write posts, upload photos and videos, edit pages, and manage comments. Both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher) web sites are supported by this application. You can download the application and start blogging on the go! This application works with most recent BlackBerry devices starting with the 8700, Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm, Storm2 and Tour.
New features in this version:
- Ability to record and upload videos from your phone. We now support both 3gp and 3g2 formats on older generation BlackBerry devices.
- Introducing support for the HD video service VideoPress.
- Streamlined UI and functionality relating to comment moderation.
- Overall enhancements to the speed and stability of the application.
And here are the three lucky winners chosen out of the all the entries.
Congratulations! to the lucky winners. We will contact you soon by email and provide you with further details.
We are planning for more giveaways soon! So, keep track of the latest updates on MyTestBox.
ocPortal, one of the upcoming web content management systems has released its new version 4.3 RC 3. This version introduces some new features and a number of bug fixes have been made since the last release. If you haven’t tried ocPortal yet, you might want to check a personal demo here.
- WordPress, Joomla and HTML web site importer
- iCal exporter and quiz responses CSV exporter
- New ‘importer redirects’, which lets you easily redirect to the appropriate place in ocPortal, for cases when import is done natively through modules
- Added submit-URLs to the side_news block, main_forum_news block and side_forum_news block
- Reply counts have been added to the side_forum_news block
- New Comcode ‘pulse’ tag which is configurable with parameters
- New parameter to main_leader_board block has been added to filter out staff from the points leaderboard
- CAPTCHA support has been added to the main_contact_simple block and main_contact_us block
- Auto search capability for expanded day selection
- Allowed the download A-Z index to support ocFilter notation
New features for developers:
- Generalised shared-installs support so it is more flexible for people
- Improved shared-install functionality, so that theme files and Comcode pages may be shared between sites also, if desired
- Added memory debugging functions for developers
- ocPortal can now run without a database as the inbuilt database is now a bundled feature
- New developer feature has been added for the quick addition of language strings, written (temporarily) in-line into the code
- Added support for running a server behind a proxy server
Read more at ocPortal News
Feng Office is one of the prolific web office software available that, allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet in an effective way. It’s a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.,
We got an opportunity to interview the CEO of Feng Office to share some thoughts about this intriguing web software.
Following is the interview,
How did it all start, a brief history of Feng Office
Feng Office (under the name OpenGoo) started as a degree project at the faculty of Engineering of the University of the Republic, Uruguay. The project was presented and championed by Software Engineer Conrado Viña. Software Engineers Marcos Saiz and Ignacio de Soto developed the first prototype as their thesis. Professors Eduardo Fernández and Tomás Laurenzo served as tutors. Conrado, Ignacio and Marcos founded the OpenGoo community and remain active members and core developers. The thesis was approved with the highest score.
Why Feng Office – the key features?
Although the technology for many applications needed by Small Businesses (Document Managment, Project Management, Customer Management) was mature enough, we realized businesses still couldn’t access it, because of one main factor: total cost of ownership. Total cost of ownership was comprised by the individual cost of each software package (licenses), installation and set-up fees, and support and maintenance for each package. Not only that, but the business would en up with un-integrated solutions, which in itselfs adds integration costs (wether the integration is manual work, or custom software integration).
Integration among CRM, Project Management, and Document Management applications is a natural business need. We solved the problem by developing a standard package that integrates those applications into a single one. We also got rid of licensing costs and most of the installation costs.
We are currently running two giveaways, Don’t forget to take part in these giveaways. Try and make the most of these giveaways to get hands on a prolific Joomla based book from PACKT and high-quality premium WordPress themes from Panda Themes.
ImpressPages is an open source content management system which lets you build functional and effective websites in quick time. It’s interface is user friendly and can be adapted to your needs. It’s multilingual, absolutely free and open source.
If you spend lot of time on editing font type, re-sizing pictures, regulating spaces between elements etc., then ImpressPages could be a real time saver for you. It is based on the idea that most functions of CMS could be performed automatically. With ImpressPages, all the information could be administered directly in the website without the need to perform sequential tasks.
We are pleased to inform you that Panda Themes has given us the opportunity to giveaway the following three premium WordPress themes to three lucky winners.
A brief introduction about Panda Themes
Panda Themes specializes in creating WordPress themes for web developers, designers, and other freelancers who would like to have a professional design without having to pay thousands of dollars for an elegant custom web design. All WordPress themes available at Panda Themes for purchase individually in standard service, advanced service and in developer packages.
The three premium themes we are giving away are,
Portfolio v.7 is an elegant, light and compact WordPress theme with a powerful theme panel and options to customize the style as per your needs.