Recently we reviewed the book, Joomla with Flash, build stunning, content-rich, and interactive websites with Joomla! 1.5 and Flash CS4.
As indicated in the review, the book, Joomla! with Flash, is aimed at explaining how to use Flash objects with Joomla! content with minimal efforts and maximum output.
We are pleased to inform you that we are giving away an exclusive copy of this book to a lucky winner.
Three simple rules to be eligible,
- Subscribe to our Email newsletter to stay updated with the latest news and reviews related to web software’s.
- Re Tweet this post using the Re-Tweet button (optional).
- Leave a comment on this post with your Name and email id used for subscription.
Entries will be accepted till February 1st, 2010.
Joomla! is an award winning Content Management System(CMS) with a wide range of features. It’s a prolific CMS which is suitable for designing and maintaining any type of websites. Joomla has a modular architecture, providing the users with lots of options for extensibility. Apart from the fabulous modules, it is also well known for strong security, templating system, extensive community support and the authorization framework.
There are many extensions available for Joomla! like plug-ins and modules to extend the functionality of Joomla!. These extensions provide – further options for customization, enhancing the functionality as well as ease of administration.
You might want to integrate technologies such as Flash into Joomla!, as it provides great features for creating stunning graphics, interactive games, animated objects and alike to add a new flavor to your site.
The book, Joomla! with Flash, is aimed at explaining how to use Flash objects with Joomla! content with minimal efforts and maximum output.
Paperback 260 pages [191mm x 235mm]
Release date October 2009
ISBN 13 978-1-847198-24-2
Author(s) Suhreed Sarkar
Topics and Technologies Content Management, PHP/MySQL, Open Source, Joomla!
This book enables you to build interactive and content-rich web sites with Joomla! 1.5 and Flash CS4.
- You can build stunning web site(s) and integrate Flash objects into Joomla!
- Joomla! with Flash gives you step-by-step guidelines on how to create stunning photo galleries with Flash transition and animation effects
- The books also includes explanation on, how to use interactive Flash-based maps, animations, videos, charts, MP3 players, logos, headers, and banners in Joomla!-based web sites
- Contains easy to follow guides with enriched screenshots for better understanding.
- After going through the book, you can renovate your Joomla! based web site into an interactive, feature-rich multimedia site
Movable Type, an open source blog software, which we have reviewed here, has recently released its new version 5.01. Following are some of the highlights in this release.
Some long-awaited features like the following are made available in this release:
- User Dashboard for quick access to the most used blogs and websites
- Themes are provided with full support for custom fields, templates, static files, categories, folders, etc for blogs and websites
- Revision History for entries, pages, and templates
- Websites for grouping blogs together
- Custom Fields are made available for all objects
Movable Type 5.01 is available in English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Dutch and French.
Source: Movable Type blog
And here are the three lucky winners chosen out of the all the entries.
Congratulations! to the lucky winners. We will contact you soon by email and provide you with further details.
We are planning for more giveaways soon! So, keep track of the latest updates on MyTestBox.
OpenGoo, a prolific web office software, which we have reviewd here is now Feng Office. In brief, OpenGoo is a web office software that allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet. It is a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.,
Following is the press release,
The company decided to unify under one brand all versions of its web office to provide greater value to their users. The open source version becomes Feng Office Collaboration Platform.
Feng Office, a company expert in developing IT solutions under the SaaS mode, announced the addition of the open source version of its web office to its principal brand. Thus, the well-known OpenGoo was renamed as Feng Office Collaboration Platform – The announcement was made in the corporate blog.
Under the Feng Office’s umbrella brand, this change allows to give greater unity to the set of solutions offered by the company. It also seeks to provide increased value to users. In this way, the company has three different versions of its web office, which are adapted to different user profiles that require this type of application:
- Feng Sky: it’s the most used version of Feng Office; since no requires specialized IT staff for its installation or maintenance. This version is accessed through any computer with Internet conexion – is hosted on Feng Office servers.
- Feng On Site: is designed for companies that require the full installation of the solution on their own servers. In this case, it need trained personnel for installation and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Feng Office Collaboration Platform: is the open source version that has a community of more than 2,000 developers.
Also, the company continues to announce enhancements to its product. Recently, it has released version 1.6.1, which includes new features, mainly, in the e-mail module and in the word processor.
Finally, Marcos Saiz, Director of Marketing, announced the addition of new means of payment for SMEs and those users who do not use PayPal to facilitate access to the platform . In this sense, the company will add other media such as credit cards and bank drafts.
We are pleased to inform you that WPZOOM has given us the opportunity to giveaway the following three premium themes to three lucky winners.
WPZOOM develops fabulous themes in wide range of topics for the WordPress community. Each theme is SEO optimized, comes with detailed documentation and excellent support.
Following are some of the fabulous themes showcased on WPZOOM.
The three premium themes we are giving away are,
WordPress, one of the popular open source blog software has announced the release of its new version 2.9 (‘Carmen’). You can quickly upgrade to this new version right from your Dashboard by going to Tools > Upgrade.
Following are some of the interesting stuff released from a user’s end in this new version of WordPress,
- Global undo/”trash” feature: This feature would be useful when you accidentally delete a post or comment and would like to restore it. It also eliminates the annoying ‘are you sure’ pop-up messages when deleting post(s).
- Built-in image editor: This new version of WordPress sports an image editor which allows you to crop, edit, rotate, flip, and scale your images.
- Batch plugin update and compatibility checking: This feature enables you to update multiple plugins at once. This gives you the comfort of hassle free plugin updation.
- Easier video embeds: With the new video embed feature, you can just paste a URL on its own line and turn it into the proper embed code, with Oembed support for YouTube, Daily Motion, Blip.tv, Flickr, Hulu, Viddler, Qik, Revision3, Scribd, Google Video, Photobucket, PollDaddy, and WordPress.tv.
You might want to read more about the other updates in this release here.
Source: WordPress blog
SiteExecutive web content management system(CMS) now sports a layout editor and developer edition. The enhancement pack 6 for SiteExecutive CMS introduced a new application layout editor, an event calendar application and developer edition as well as other enhancements to a number of other SiteExecutive components.
Application layout editor: The new application layout editor provides you with a graphical user interface for organizing and styling dynamic content. This allows you to define and apply CSS values to various content elements using reserve classes. The layout editor would be of great advantage to designers, providing better control and flexibility, while speeding the development of complex, dynamic websites.
Event calender application: The new event calendar application extends the existing SiteExecutive event calendar module. It addresses client requests for enhanced event and calendar management, search and display capabilities, including:
- Better categorization – it’s now easier to create and maintain event categories, making it easier to associate event content with other site content
- Improved SEO – URLs, title and browser tags are now search engine friendly
- Smarter layout and design – layout editor and extensive set of reserve classes enhances visual integration of calendar and event content with site graphics
- Greater scalability – database enhancements enable better performance for sites with multiple event calendars and large numbers of events
Enhanced Developer Support
With Enhancement Pack 6, Systems Alliance has introduced enhancements to the SiteExecutive API which will accelerate development of custom applications, modules and integration with third-party applications and data sources.
Enhancement Pack 6 includes a number of additional client requested enhancements, including:
- Better blogging: the SiteExecutive blog application is now easier to deploy and configure using the new Layout Editor and reserve classes
- Improved SPAM filtering: The SPAM filtering built into the SiteExecutive Advanced Forms module – reduces SPAM form submissions – has been enhanced to reduce false positives and now generates automated notifications alerting Website administrators of possible SPAM submissions.
- Smarter navigation: Enhancements to the SiteExecutive Site Map and Site Info modules provide greater control over the range of content types displayed, enhancing site navigation and usability
- Accessibility compliance: EP 6 provides a couple of enhancements for boosting site accessibility and SEO performance.
You might want to check out a demo of the SiteExecutive web content management system here.
Source: SiteExecutive press releases
OpenGoo, an easy to use open source web office software, which we have reviewed here, has recently released its final version of 1.6.
In brief, OpenGoo is a web office software that allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet. It is a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.,
This is the final release of OpenGoo version 1.6. Following are the new features in this release,
Archive objects and workspaces
When you no longer need an object or workspace you can archive it to remove it from your every day views, while its still searchable and accessible via the “Archived Objects” workspace.
Mark as read/unread for all types of objects
Until now the read/unread functionality was available only for emails. Now it is also available for all other types of content objects. If an object was modified since your last view it will be marked in bold for you to quickly notice that it has changes. Once you view the object it will be marked as read.
Improvements to the email module
- With this new version of OpenGoo, mail accounts can be shared among several users. This allows multiple users to read or write email from one common email account.
- You can assign a workspace to a mail account to automatically classify email to that workspace.
- One can group emails into conversations. And, quickly access an email’s replies or original message from the email’s view.
- Attach files directly from your computer when writing an email.
- Send other emails as attachments. Just attach an email and mark the “Attach contents” checkbox.
- Email Junk folder. Mail classified as spam by your mail server is sent to the “Junk” folder.
- Emails are sent asynchronously. You can continue working on OpenGoo while an email is being sent. Useful if sending email through a remote SMTP server.
- Create task from email. Shortcut to quickly create a task from an email.
- Insert in-line images into OpenGoo emails.
- Pre-configurations for known emails (GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo) when setting up an email account.
Document editor upgraded: The new version loads much faster on all browsers. Functionality and cross-browser compatibility has been improved. You can insert images into a document, from your PC or from OpenGoo.
- Improved workspace permissions edition and password recovery procedure.
- Events can now span more than one day.
- Basic editing concurrency. A user is warned if an object being edited was edited by someone else.
- Importing VCard contacts.
- Filter the Object Picker (the popup control to pick objects when linking) by text.
Read more on the OpenGoo blog