phpBB, one of the popular forum softwares which we have mentioned here has released its new version 3.0.6. This release has some major new features, bug fixes and improvements in stability and performance.
Following are some of the major new features implemented in phpBB 3.0.6
- Better captcha options and backported 3.2 captcha plugins:
- Classic and GD CAPTCHA
- reCaptcha (based on API from recaptcha.net by Mike Crawford and Ben Maurer)
- Q&A CAPTCHA
- 3D Wave (by Robert “Xore” Hetzler)
- Introduced new ACM (Cache) plugins. (Please consult our support forums for help if you need to use one of the new ACM plugins)
- ATOM Feeds
- Bare-bones Quick Reply editor in viewtopic
- Users can report PMs to moderators which are then visible in a new MCP module
- Ability to copy permissions from one forum to several other forums.
- Send anonymous statistical information to phpBB on installation and update (optional)
You might want to read more about this release here.
Flynax Classifieds, a web software maker specialized in classifieds web software, is presenting a new and long-awaited script – Flynax Real Estate Classifieds.
Flynax Real Estate Classifieds is a powerful software makes it possible to run your own free or commercial Real Estate classified ads online agency.
They have tried to include all customers’ wishes and request in new Flynax script.
SEO friendly optimizing system of Flynax Real Estate Classifieds Script allows you to make your site more adapted for search engine systems.
The multi-functional Administrator Panel and additional Plugins will give you unlimited possibilities of script customizing. Friendly templates will amaze your client by useful functionality and modern style.
Flynax Real Estate Classifieds Script adapted for USA region by default. There are map, states list, zip codes database, address view related to United States only.
In order if you wish to use this software for your country, you should contact them and request Real Estate script adapted especial for your region.
EntropySoft, specialist of the ECI market (Enterprise Content Integration), is releasing a standalone version of its Content ETL product for unstructured data. Standalone Content ETL is specifically designed for SaaS companies that want to simplify cloud integration. By releasing this version of Content ETL, EntropySoft is reinforcing its position as one of the main suppliers of cloud integration products for unstructured data.
The development of Software as a Service (SaaS) means that more and more companies work with document repositories that are no longer managed “in-house”. Using external document repositories is the fastest way to deliver document-based solutions without the pain of deploying and maintaining internally complex architectures. Additionally, a cloud strategy is very common when mergers and acquisitions happen: organizations with different IT architectures need to put their resources in common as fast as possible.
External document repositories increase content fragmentation and the need to exchange securely and easily documents over the firewall. The use of cloud repositories must be initiated in conjunction with a strategy to have easy transfers between cloud and corporate repositories.
EntropySoft’s Standalone Content ETL is specifically designed to be an ideal product for such transfers.
In all companies, most common practice is sending an e-mail with an attachment when sharing information inside or outside of the company. It is common to first download a document from a content-centric application and mail it. The receiving party uploads and saves in its own repository of choice.
This common practice highlights the dangers of not managing company-wide content transfers. Taking the document out of its initial repository comes with major risks regarding permissions, lifecycle management and mail server overload. A protected document extracted from its initial repository becomes a non-protected document. The complete history of the document is left behind or lost. Knowledge Management becomes impossible.
Content ETL is the best product in its category to manage cross-repository document lifecycle. It can manage real time, on-demand or on-schedule transfers between more than 30 applications, without losing permissions and history.
Applications can be fundamentally different, especially with regards to permissions, metadata models or users and groups directories. Content ETL is deploying “bridges” between repositories. The role of the bridges is first to map the different models (permissions, metadata, users and groups…) and then manage the actual transfer.
Thanks to EntropySoft’s state-of-the-art connectors the bridges can be deployed between more than 30 enterprise content repositories including Microsoft SharePoint, Documentum, Google DOCS, IBM FileNet, Opentext Livelink, Alfresco and many other.
Movable Type, an open source blog software, which we have reviewed here has recently released its new version 5 RC 1. Included in this release is a new theme ‘Pico’ and many other bug fixes. The launch of Movable Type version 5 is targeted for late November.
Major Changes in this release,
- Added a new theme “Pico”.
- Bundle style repository with a theme.
Styles can also be bundled with a theme to easily offer different flavors of a theme. Styles are nothing but a combination of a stylesheet and images to bundle with a theme.
- Config directive
SQLSetNamesshould be specified as
mt-config.cgiwhen upgrading from older versions with MySQL 5.x and UTF-8
- Tip: When including templates inside a loop which is using multi-blog to aggregate content, blog_id should be specified with include tag to ensure proper template is included unless the template to include exists in each blog/site being aggregated.
Backup and Restore Issues Solved,
- When Backup/Restore all or website, manifest file cannot start restore.
- Backup/Restore drop the Following/Follower data
- CF: Backup/Restore customfields of Image object
- Backup/Restore: Association of assets CF of Category is wrong
- CF: Backup/Restore customfields of Blog/Website object
- Assets named in Japanese have garbage file name when backup
- [Restore] Website custom field is not restorable
- Restoring set wrong userpic
- manifest file : cannot upload
- [restore] folder/category custom field is not restored
- Website: Restored Facebook Commentes setting
- Restored data can get wrong Multiblog settings
Upgrade Issues Solved,
- Index templates are not published after upgrade from MT 3.21
- Upgrade remove all system templates of the blog whose template set is not Classic Blog
- Problems after upgrading a blog whose site/archive URL is ‘foo.com’
- Error when publishing templates after upgrading from 3.21
Theme and Template Issues Solved,
- Professional Website template doesn’t display Comment and Trackbacks
- Unable to display Professional Website template with Dynamic Publishing
- Warning messages are always shown when applying a theme that contains a custom fields
- No warning messages show up when theme cannot add a custom fields
- Item customfield tag is escaped in community template
- mt:WebsiteIfCommentsOpen doesn’t work in dynamic publishing
- mt:Websites with exclude_websites doesn’t work (static/dynamic)
- Template refresh doesn’t respect blog language.
- View Published Template link doesn’t work when Output file include directory
- IE: Comment Pagination doesn’t work
- Comment Pagination doesn’t work on Community Blog template
- Pagination of Main Index
- Dynamic: Publish mt.js by dynamic generate error
- Fixing issue on Ajax pagination.
- mt:Include doesn’t work in some situations
- mt:Blogs doesn’t work in dynamic publishing
- Professional blog doesn’t work on dynamic
- Professional Website: Comment form is blank on Comment Preview
The Joomla project has recently announced the immediate availability of its new release, Joomla 1.5.15 codenamed “Wojmamni ama mamni”.
The key features and changes made in this release include,
Two security issues were fixed in this release:
- Moderate Priority – Core – Front-End Editing.
- Low Priority – Core – XML File View.
- Allowed search to use the Itemid of the current Menu Item
- Removed unnecessary quotes in search results
- Fixed problem when using relative URL’s in editor with SEF enabled.
- Fixed formatting problem in Category List layout with Internet Explorer
- Fixed problem with entering HTML in user confirmation messages
- Fixed Media Manager issues in Windows
- Fixed problem with Archived Article filters when cache is enabled
- Fixed RSS feed problem with ampersand in page title
- Allowed underscore character in menu names
- Fixed problem with mod_newsflash and altenative read-more text
- Fixed problem with Alias Menu Item Type not opening in new window
- Fixed problem with UTF-8 characters in breadcrumbs
- Fixed problem with email cloaking and non-ASCII characters
- Fixed TinyMCE configuration error
- Fixed problem with multiple editor instances on one page
- Fixed problem whereby TinyMCE stripped some image HTML
- Fixed TinyMCE Extended Valid Elements problem
- Fixed problem with TinyMCE blockquote
- Allowed Firefox inline spell check to work in TinyMCE
- Fixed problem saving changes in TinyMCE
- Fixed TinyMCE problem with caption.js and filtering
- Fixed TinyMCE bullet issue with Internet Explorer
- Made image title names consistent in front and back end
- Fixed issue with email cloaking and images
- Fixed problem in email cloaking syntax
- Fixed caption alignment when image alignment is not set
- Added option to create templates in TinyMCE editor
- Fixed problem with TinyMCE Sql
- Fixed problem with email cloaking when using images
- Fixed problem with missing template CSS files
- Fixed problem with linked images in Beez template
- Added default text color for backend error messages
- Added missing spinner.gif
- Fixed problem when copying Beez template to new name
- Fixed error in JA_Purity template with Internet Explorer 8
- Added TinyMCE Language file for Toggle Editor button
- Added Ulaanbaatar in timezones
- Fixed problem with localisation of pagination strings
- Added missing Display # language string
- Added missing com_media language strings
- Improved tooltip text for mod_search
- Fixed problem with version information for core languages
- Fixed problem with FTP fields auto-completing
- Don’t show password in configuration.php file
- Fixed problem when Itemid does not exist
- Fixed PHP 5.3 compatibility issues
- Fixed problem with caching for com_weblinks and com_contact
- Fixed additional PHP 5.3 compatibility issues
- Fixed problem with warnings in system_config.php file
- Added missing JEXEC checks in code
- Fixed problem converting UTF-8 characters to ASCII
- Added option to disallow users to view extension XML files
- Fixed problem with onAfterDisplayTitle event and PHP 5.3
- Fixed problem with displaying error messages with right-to-left languages
Downloads Joomla 1.5.15 here.
The Envato marketplaces are a family of niche web sites which allow professionals to buy and sell digital items such as Flash files, website templates, WordPress themes, videos, music, code and more. Envato marketplace now has over 240,000 members worldwide, and is a hub for tens of thousands of digital items available for purchase with hundreds of new items being added everyday.
phpBB one of the popular open source forum software’s, which we have mentioned here, has recently announced the availability of the fourth release candidate for the next release – phpBB 3.0.6. This fourth release candidate contains mostly regression fixes.
The following things have been changed since 3rd Release Candidate:
- Fixed cache issues in feed generation.
- Include default language in data to send for statistical purposes.
- Revert “Parse multiline url title for [url] BBCode tag” because it introduced different bugs.
- Fix sql_create_table (table creation) in db tools for mssql and sqlite.
- Adjusted email template admin_welcome_activated to be more descriptive (and in-line with the changes to the other email template files).
- Implemented better way to generate SID-free links in feed.php
- Fixed Jabber SASL PLAIN authentication failures.
- Fixed severe bugs with Oracle and UPDATE statements.
- Fixed issues with database updater and Oracle/SQLite/Firebird.
You might want to read more about this release here.
What’s new in version 2?
- A new, more efficient user interface that makes it faster to switch between comments, posts, and pages.
- Various user interface refinements and bug fixes
- New Comments interface, with Gravatars and the author URL shown in the comment list
- Passwords are now stored in the keychain
- Posts are now automatically saved and restored if network connection is lost during publishing
- Added persistence, so the app re-opens in the blog you last used
- Added an interface for manually entering the XMLRPC endpoint for non-standard setups
- Fixed rotation-related visual glitches
- Fixed errors where malformed XML prevented access to XMLRPC endpoint
- Fixed edge case where local drafts were sometimes not saved
- Fixed the order of photos so that they’re displayed in the order they’re uploaded
WordPress 2 will install as an entirely new application on your phone, and won’t overwrite any previous version of the app you have installed. When you launch the new app, you’ll immediately see “Version 2.0? at the bottom of the screen. Once you’re no longer using the previous version of the app, you can safely remove it from your device, and version 2.0 will be unaffected.
Source: WordPress for iPhone
BuddyPress has been recently updated to version 1.1.2. It’s now available via an automatic upgrade or as a manual download. This is an important security release and fixes two vulnerabilities found in version 1.1.1. To stay protected it is essential that you upgrade to this version of BuddyPress regardless of the version you are currently running.
Briefly, BuddyPress is a set of plugins and themes, which can be used to extend the functionality of WordPress MU and bring social networking features to a new or existing installation. These suite of plugins can be used either independently or cumulatively to create a complete social network. Some specific plugins could also be used to add desirable features to your existing blog network.
Following issues have been fixed in this updated version,
- SQL and XSS security vulnerability.
- Certain situations where a site admin could not see invisible groups.
- Bug with user access level and navigation menu items.
- Double posting of new status updates to activity streams on first post.
- “Total posts” number inconsistencies on profile wires.
- Account deletion bug.
- Spammed user access.
Download BuddyPress here
The Joomla project has recently announced the immediate availability of its new release, Joomla 1.6 alpha 2. This release contains many new features requested by the community. Other features are listed below as well as what you can expect in the future for Joomla 1.6.
This is an alpha release. It is intended to be a developer/hobbyist preview and is not intended to be used on a production web site.
New improvements/features since alpha 1 include:
- ACL: access management for global permissions as well as content item specific permissions, variable user-groups, users member of more than one user-group, permissions are inherited, really fast
- Extendable user profile, profile view in frontend, extendable user parameters
- Improved com_content modules (mod_articles_archive, mod_articles_latest, mod_articles_popular)
- Article linker plugin for editors
- New frontend template (atomic)
- Tableless com_content layouts
- New backend template (bluestork)
- New uploader for media manager
Other Joomla 1.6 improvements that existed in alpha 1:
- Mootools 1.2
- Refactored back-end
- Nested Categories and category parameters
- New views in front-end: categories, category
- Lots of small code improvements, almost cut the code size in half while adding to the functionality
- PHP 5.2 required, huge performance improvements, partially eaten up by new features => 1.6 will be faster than 1.5
Download Joomla here