www.MyTestBox.com is a web software reviews website which strives to bring more and relevant information about various software. That information is brought by hardcore users/programmers/testers and given to those who are in need of this kind of info.
By “web software” we understand software which runs on web server and is accessed by using a web browser (not desktop software). That web software can be standalone (needs installations on a web server) or can be a web software as a service. The software can be open-source or not (MyTestBox.com doesn’t provide the software or a testing environment).
The review will be delivered in English language, in Word format and the screenshots will be included in the document (to see where you wanted to place the screenshots) and also be separate from the document (all these will be zipped and emailed to mtb (at) mytestbox.com – be sure you optimize your screenshots. Don’t send us megabytes of screenshots, please!). Or you can register to our site and post your reviews directly!
Disclaimer: the authors have full responsibility for what they write in these reviews and their opinions are not tied with MyTestBox.com. We reserve the right to accept or reject any article submitted.
Below are the instructions on how to be a contributor and write a review for www.MyTestBox.com
Please read carefully!
Say you worked/work/tested with www.osCommerce.com (open source e-commerce software)….or worked with www.dzoic.com software (social networking)…or worked with www.clip-share.com (video sharing)….or www.drupal.org (content management)… or whatever web software….and you can and want to write about it, about your experience following the guideline below (they are not 100% strict. You are free to improvise and add more if you feel the need to).
The reviews have to be 100% genuine, which means YOU have/had to test/tested that web software yourself (or have somebody close to you test it – maybe that person doesn’t have writing skills but it has tech skills).
Copying and pasting from different sources are not allowed (can be verified by different means).
Any copyright infringement should be announced to MyTestBox.com so we can take measures as soon as possible!
YOU will be the author of the review (your name will show up on that article).
If you are a non-paid contributor then your name, a short description about you and a link to your website will be posted at the end of your review.
If you are a paid contributor then your name and a short description will be posted at the end of your review (but no link to your website or other contact details).
The article should be at least two pages long (letter size or A4, single spaced) – an exception can be made for web software as a service – with the font in Arial 10 (check in Word). Screenshots (as .JPG or .GIF files) are not included within the two previously mentioned pages – these are added.
If we accept your review you will be getting a confirmation and an approximate date when it will be published.
Contact us also (if you want) by using our Contact page.
The guideline is for orientation, about what to write there AND combined with your personal touch, your writing style (it shouldn’t look like a car’s owner manual or a business plan). Be original! Be personal!
The flow from a title to another should be natural (it’s not necessary to put titles for each chapter)…it shouldn’t be just general, it needs to dive more into technical details, if possible.
The reviews should be written with the search engines in mind (but not abused!) and users who read it.
Ultimately, the users have to benefit from these reviews.
Obviously, who is writing these reviews needs to have web experience (as a programmer or hard core users/tester) and have good writing skills.
———————– The guideline ———————–
1) Introduction to the specific web software (a description of it)
- About the author (or company)
- About the history of that specific web software (what was the demand it filled, how it came to be built)
- What it does exactly and how can it help the users/customers
2) Technical specifications
- Server requirements (hardware and software)
- Client side requirements (hardware and software)
- About technology used
3) Installation procedures
- Step by step installation instructions
- Problems during installation and how to solve them - this is important, don’t skip it!
4) The real review of the web software - this is important, don’t skip it!
- Graphic look (if it’s the case – screenshots will help)
- User interaction/user friendliness
- Third party software interaction (if it’s the case)
- Comparison with other software from the same category (a chart or a comparison table might help)
- Support offered for the software by its makers or the community (if it’s the case)
5) Real life examples/Case studies (if it’s the case) - this is important, don’t skip it!
- URLs of the websites using that specific web software
- A description of a specific website which uses that web software and how that web software it’s used there (case study)
6) Conclusions and recommendations - this is important, don’t skip it!
The categories for the reviews are:
# Blog systems
# Chat Systems
# Classifieds Ads
# Content Management
# Customer Support
# Email Systems
# FAQ and Knowledgebase
# File Manipulation
# Image Manipulation
# Mailing List Systems
# Photo Galleries
# Portal Systems
# Security Systems
# Social Networks
# Video sharing
# Web Traffic Analysis
Suggestions are welcomed.
Feel free to tell your friends about www.MyTestBox.com!