MODx Revolution 2.0, content management system, is out of beta and its first release candidate has been launched recently. It’s now available with many enhancements and 240+ bug fixes. MODx Revolution RC-1 offers a much faster compact Manager, easier installation, better Rich Text Editing (RTE), Package Management which allows you to install Add-ons directly within the manager, and a new native file browser that provides you with direct access of files and other site resources.
Briefly, MODx, open source content management framework, helps you build dynamic and user interactive web sites quickly, without any restrictions. MODx Revolution provides users with a completely customizable web content management solution on a modern, object-oriented core with a fully documented API for developers. It is backed by a robust data abstraction layer powered by xPDO.
New features in MODx, Revolution 2.0. RC-1 include,
- CSS/JS compression in the manager user interface
- Improved flow and error checking in setup
- Added toggleable auto-check for updates for downloaded packages
- Users can now drag/drop any Element into a Category
- Added Forgot Login to login screen for manager
- Cleanups and enhancements to RTE handling, and in-house file browser implementation
- Many fixes and improvements to Package Management, including a new View Package page, showing prior versions installed
- Over 240 bugs fixed and improvements added
You might want to go through the release notes for MODx, Revolution 2.0 RC-1.
Source: MODx blog
Briefly about DotNetNuke web content management platform: DotNetNuke open source project, is one of the widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for building web sites and web applications based on Microsoft .NET. DotNetNuke can be used to quickly develop dynamic and user interactive web sites and web applications.
Read the rest of this entry »
Read the rest of this entry »
WordPress for BlackBerry application allows you to write posts, upload photos and videos, edit pages, and manage comments. Both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher) web sites are supported by this application. You can download the application and start blogging on the go!
This application works with most recent BlackBerry devices starting with the 8700, Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm, Storm2 and Tour. Recently WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.1 has been released with some interesting new features like geotagging for posts, comment notifications, improved UI interaction for Touch devices. This latest version sports a new file browser with thumbnails support and has overall enhancements for speed and stability of the application.
Some of the new features in WordPress for BlackBerry version 1.1 are:
- Comment Notifications
- Geotagging of Posts
- Improved UI interaction on Touch devices
- Introduction of Touch Gestures: Sliding a finger to the left or right quickly on the Comment screen displays the next or
- Photo Resizing improvements with user defined dimensions
- New File Browser with thumbnails support
- Overall enhancements to the speed and stability of the application
The application now supports the English, Italian, Finnish, French, Indonesian, German and Portuguese languages.
You might want to read more about this release at WordPress for BlackBerry blog.
WordPress for BlackBerry app version 1.0 has been released. It allows you to write posts, upload photos and videos, edit pages, and manage comments. Both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (2.7 or higher) web sites are supported by this application. You can download the application and start blogging on the go! This application works with most recent BlackBerry devices starting with the 8700, Curve, Pearl, Bold, Storm, Storm2 and Tour.
New features in this version:
- Ability to record and upload videos from your phone. We now support both 3gp and 3g2 formats on older generation BlackBerry devices.
- Introducing support for the HD video service VideoPress.
- Streamlined UI and functionality relating to comment moderation.
- Overall enhancements to the speed and stability of the application.