MODx Revolution 2.0, content management system, is out of beta and its first release candidate has been launched recently. It’s now available with many enhancements and 240+ bug fixes. MODx Revolution RC-1 offers a much faster compact Manager, easier installation, better Rich Text Editing (RTE), Package Management which allows you to install Add-ons directly within the manager, and a new native file browser that provides you with direct access of files and other site resources.
Briefly, MODx, open source content management framework, helps you build dynamic and user interactive web sites quickly, without any restrictions. MODx Revolution provides users with a completely customizable web content management solution on a modern, object-oriented core with a fully documented API for developers. It is backed by a robust data abstraction layer powered by xPDO.
New features in MODx, Revolution 2.0. RC-1 include,
- CSS/JS compression in the manager user interface
- Improved flow and error checking in setup
- Added toggleable auto-check for updates for downloaded packages
- Users can now drag/drop any Element into a Category
- Added Forgot Login to login screen for manager
- Cleanups and enhancements to RTE handling, and in-house file browser implementation
- Many fixes and improvements to Package Management, including a new View Package page, showing prior versions installed
- Over 240 bugs fixed and improvements added
You might want to go through the release notes for MODx, Revolution 2.0 RC-1.
Source: MODx blog