Kaltura Community Edition Beta 1.5 has been released. It’s a self-hosted, community supported version of Kaltura’s Open Source Online Video Platform. Once installed, any site can benefit from comprehensive video and rich media functionalities including video management, searching, uploading, importing, editing, annotating, remixing and sharing.
Kaltura will allow you to easily build rich-media applications. Kaltura CE and is available under the GNU Affero General Public License v3. Additional value-added services are available from Kaltura, including: consulting, expert support, hosting & streaming, CDN network, advertising and monetization, video SEO and more.
- 100% Open Source (GNU Affero General Public License v3) – built on PHP
- Self-hosted and free
- Stream from your local server or CDN of your choice.
- Easily integrate and customize.
- Full access to APIs and API calls.
- Maintain data security – private and secure, behind your firewall.
Main Components included in the KalturaCE Alpha Package
- Content upload, bulk upload.
- Search and import content from online repositories.
- Content and application management.
- Video encoding and image manipulation.
- System monitoring console.
- Kaltura Management Console (KMC( – full content and widget management application
- Kaltura Dynamic Player +Playlist (KDP) – Highly customizable rich media player and a playlist extension
- Kaltura Uploader (Contribution Wizard) – Customizable wizard, enabling end users to easily upload and import media from various sources using a single interface
- Kaltura Standard Editor (KSE) – This video editor allows users to create remixes from images, audio and video files. Easy to use UI and customizable skin and locale
- Kaltura Advanced Editor (KAE) – Full featured video editor to create remixes from images, audio and video files based on timeline-based editing. Customizable skin and locale, extensions, dynamic features and statistics and JS hooks integration
Downloads are available from Kaltura.
VideoPress is a one-click WordPress.com upgrade that allows you to create streaming high definition videos on your blog or anywhere on the web. You can even create an instant video podcast right from your blog feed.
[ Source: WordPress.TV ]
AUVICA Gmbh, the german web software company, announced the launch of osTube 2.5, the latest version of its video sharing platform solution (Youtube clone).
One major improvement is the WebTV mode which it is, actually, a complete WebTV portal. This mode is available from the osTube main menu. The “Auto-Fill”-Logic will permanently add related content to the current playlist. Users can comfortably add further videos by browsing the content and choose from there (every user can save, load or send his personal playlist to friends).
The new WebTV-mode offers also the “LightsOff”-mode that darkens the background and a new atmospheric feature, called “ColorMood”, which colorizes the background so that it always matches the mood of the currently playing video.
Other enhancements of this version are:
- • Create, load and/or send personal playlists to friends
• WebTV-mode completely integrated (can be disabled, or run in “WebTV only” mode)
• Easy updater for osTube versions 2.x
• Mediaplayer now supports H.264/AAC (Flash Auto-Update integrated)
• “ColorMood”-mode that automatically colorizes the browser
• Teaser-System to feature certain videos as a layer
• Ad-Integration in WebTV-mode (Pro/ProPlus)
DZOIC, the company behind the white label social networking software Handshakes, just released the version 3.6 of it.In this new version the videos module has been completely replaced with the new one, which is now based on our their video sharing software “ClipHouse“.
- * Contact Us – simple contact us form, doesn’t require registration
* Statistics Module (admin console)
* Address Book import scripts fixed for all supported systems (Yahoo!, GMail, AOL, Hotmail, MSN Messenger, MySpace)
Other new features:
- * Video Grabber Plugin (allows your Handshakes users easily import / embed videos from YouTube by entering the video URL.)
* Load Balance Plugin (allows you to use multiple servers for video convertion and storage. Includes script installation, single server setup and plugin integration. This is a good feature for large websites built with this social networking software.)
* Tags (we already know what that means)
* Social Bookmarking (and we know this too)
DZOIC Handshakes Professional is one of the best social networking software outhere. If you dream to start your own profitable social networking website like MySpace, Facebook, Friendster and others, look no further. DZOIC Handshakes is your complete solution.
Of course, it comes with a price and that’s $299/license (1 year free updates). For aditional modules and plugins you will have to pay separately (see their prices page).
This social networking software is a white label software which means you can download it and customize it as you wish. It is written in the open source PHP/ MySQL and after you will pay you will get 100% source code (no encryption).
If you are a user of this software tell us your opinion in the comments.
Sharemixer www.sharemixer.com is a Youtube clone (video sharing solution) developed in Zagreb, Croatia by a company having over ten years of web development expertise and currently moving to media market.
It has a ton of features too long to be listed here so you can look on their website here.
Sharemixer license cost $199 with one year support, $299 with two years support, $499 with lifetime support and there is special $100 offer for Clipshare owners to migrate to Sharemixer. The license can be also purchased as subscription service for $39 per month.
Their additional services pricelist is long so seems that this company would like to make more money selling services rather than from their software licensing.
Installation and Setup
To use Sharemixer, the hosting service should have Linux, BSD or Apache server with MySql 4.1 running, PHP 4.4.3 and up (including PHP 5) and access to CGI-BIN directory. It should also have FFMpeg with Lame, Libbogg and Libvorbis, Mencoder-MPlayer, Rubby on Rails and flvtool2 installed (this extra server-side software is required, to inject meta-data to the converted videos – key-frames, tags, title, etc. FLVTool2 is used for that and it depends on Ruby On Rails to work.). To checkout details of the server requirements please look here.
The MySQL database must be created manually from provided script and the configuration parameters should be configured manually in several files, including assigning proper directory rights so some technical knowledge will be needed to install it.
To migrate from Clipshare you should run a different database script, configure the files and delete some older directories.
osTube www.ostube.de is a social networking media platform allowing the sharing of music, video, pictures and documents. It has been developed by AUVICA GmbH in Munich, Germany. Their other product lines are MyRadio, Reisepanne, and VIMP.
osTube is available by three product editions: Community, Professional and Enterprise. Community edition is free but you can’t run any ads and social networking communities with it. The Professional edition allows banner and video (priced differently) ads as Enterprise edition is a not priced solution for commercial projects which can include Live Streaming, Mobile payments, etc.
Professional edition costs $149 to manage Google AdSense ads with some extra templates and you should spend $299 when you want to run video ads and have more templates included.
ClipShare www.clip-share.com is online community building software for sharing videos similar to YouTube. It runs on Linux and Apache Web server, demands PHP version 4.3 or higher and MySql 4+. It also needs several additional applications like GD Libary 2+, Mplayer and Mencoder, Flv2tools, Libogg and Libvorbis and LAME MP3 encoder to be installed which can be downloaded from other sites free of charge.
The installation should take some hours as besides unpacking the software modules you should create your MySql database and run script manually, parameters in several files and change directory rights. After that you should be able to access Admin module to setup the site video channels, the site subscription and advertising parameters (integrated support for Google Adsense and Yahoo Publishers Network).
I assume that when starting to install all requested modules, the process could take several days. However, the company can provide you the installation service or you can host your site in their server starting $2 per month. For the quote and ordering the installation service you should submit them a ticket having root access server administration username and password ready. So this product is not suitable to install for shared hosting services where you are unable to get access to the system root so maybe their hosting could be better solution to anyone considering their product.
Within a week I didn’t have any answer to my open ticket so I assume that their technical and marketing support wasn’t much online (live support was showing always Offline) however they have Client Area so maybe answers can be found from there. They have published FAQ section of installation problems and they are running online forum. Based on Hot Scripts portal feedbacks their technical support problems seems to be come across recently (2008) with probable expansion as previous comments has been always positive.
Their End User agreement says that ClipShare Product is registered trademark of ScriptXperts however either the EUL or their website didn’t had any company information and their liability maximum is $5.