JobberBase, which is an Open Source job board web software written in PHP/MySQL and which we have reviewed here is now out with a new version. If you haven’t tried out JobberBase yet, you can check out a live demo here. JobberBase version 1.9 is loaded with new features like admin panel redesign, support for more language files, performance updates and more!
Here are some of the new features in JobberBase 1.9:
- Proper support for Windows/IIS hosting. Read the install guide if you’re interested.
- Better multiple themes support, and a new theme in the default codebase — Hireme, from hireme.sg.
- Admin panel redesign, using the Cadify theme.
- Support for more language files — an important step towards full multi-language support.
- All email templates are defined in a single XML file, under the translations folder.
- Config system rewritten and improved.
- Performance updates and general cleanup.
You might want to check out the complete changelog of this new release.
Source: JobberBase Dev Blog
Elgg, a popular free and open source web software for social networking, which we have mentioned here, has released its new version 1.7 beta. Access control is one of the most powerful features of Elgg. Everything created in Elgg, be it a blog post, an uploaded file, an element of your profile, etc., can be restricted to as many or few people you want. It’s a prolific open source web software for social networking.
Some of the key changes in Elgg 1.7 include:
- Full UTF-8 support in the database
- Full text search, as a joint effort between Curverider and the MITRE corporation
- More manageable user data directories
- A new entity-fetching API
- Working and re-written REST API
- Many bugfixes have also been made in this release
Elgg 1.7 enhances security by requiring security tokens on all actions. Plugins that have not been updated to use security tokens will produce a “Form is missing __token or __ts fields” error.
Feng Office is one of the prolific web office software available that, allows a group of people to collaborate by sharing information over the Internet in an effective way. It’s a complete solution for every organization to create, collaborate, share and publish all its internal and external documents. You can plan and manage all your projects, easily following the status of every task, set milestones, pending tasks, personal notes etc.,
We got an opportunity to interview the CEO of Feng Office to share some thoughts about this intriguing web software.
Following is the interview,
How did it all start, a brief history of Feng Office
Feng Office (under the name OpenGoo) started as a degree project at the faculty of Engineering of the University of the Republic, Uruguay. The project was presented and championed by Software Engineer Conrado Viña. Software Engineers Marcos Saiz and Ignacio de Soto developed the first prototype as their thesis. Professors Eduardo Fernández and Tomás Laurenzo served as tutors. Conrado, Ignacio and Marcos founded the OpenGoo community and remain active members and core developers. The thesis was approved with the highest score.
Why Feng Office – the key features?
Although the technology for many applications needed by Small Businesses (Document Managment, Project Management, Customer Management) was mature enough, we realized businesses still couldn’t access it, because of one main factor: total cost of ownership. Total cost of ownership was comprised by the individual cost of each software package (licenses), installation and set-up fees, and support and maintenance for each package. Not only that, but the business would en up with un-integrated solutions, which in itselfs adds integration costs (wether the integration is manual work, or custom software integration).
Integration among CRM, Project Management, and Document Management applications is a natural business need. We solved the problem by developing a standard package that integrates those applications into a single one. We also got rid of licensing costs and most of the installation costs.
Flynax Classifieds, a web software maker specialized in classifieds web software, is presenting a new and long-awaited script – Flynax Real Estate Classifieds.
Flynax Real Estate Classifieds is a powerful software makes it possible to run your own free or commercial Real Estate classified ads online agency.
They have tried to include all customers’ wishes and request in new Flynax script.
SEO friendly optimizing system of Flynax Real Estate Classifieds Script allows you to make your site more adapted for search engine systems.
The multi-functional Administrator Panel and additional Plugins will give you unlimited possibilities of script customizing. Friendly templates will amaze your client by useful functionality and modern style.
Flynax Real Estate Classifieds Script adapted for USA region by default. There are map, states list, zip codes database, address view related to United States only.
In order if you wish to use this software for your country, you should contact them and request Real Estate script adapted especial for your region.
OpenX, one of the popular ad server software’s (mentioned here) has recently announced its new version 2.8.2. Briefly, OpenX is a free open source ad server software downloadable and installable on your server.
OpenX let you choose banners, campaigns and terms that fits you best. It has a sophisticated tracking system which lets you gather statistics and optimize the results. It enables you to take effective control of your advertising without having to spend much.
- Improvements to ad delivery: With OpenX 2.8.2, a number of changes to the delivery engine have been made to ensure the proper allocation of ads across contract campaigns. The resulting improvements will reduce the occurrence of under-delivery and over-delivery for all contract campaigns. This includes significant changes to maintenance as well as improvements to delivery.
- Improvements to campaigns using companion positioning: Prior to this new release, once a “companion” campaign served one ad on a page, it prevented any other campaigns from serving ads on the page, regardless of whether the companion campaign could fill all of the pages and ads itself. In OpenX 2.8.2, this behavior has been fixed, so if there are ads on the page that the companion campaign is unable to serve, they will be offered to other campaigns. This helps you to avoid serving blanks.
- Security updates: The OpenX team has completed a number of critical security updates to the ad server in OpenX 2.8.2 to reduce any potential vulnerabilities in the software.
- Resolution of a variety of issues relating to email/newsletter zones, performance, the user interface, and more.
If you haven’t tried out OpenX yet, you might want to check out the getting started with OpenX tutorial here.
Download OpenX here.
- Wikis (like in Wikipedia)
- Forums (like in phpBB)
- Blogs (like in WordPress)
- Articles (like in Yahoo News)
- Image Gallery (like in Flickr)
- Map Server (like in Google Maps)
- Link Directory (like in DMOZ)
- Multilingual (like in Babel Fish)
- Bug Tracker (like in Bugzilla)
- RSS Feeds (like in Digg)
- Free Open Source software (LGPL)
Tiki version 3.2 can be downloaded here.
For the list of major enhancements since Tiki2, check out the TikiWiki docs.
Gallery, an open source web based photo album organizer, which we have recently reviewed has released its new version 3.0 beta 3. Gallery 3 is based on 4 key principles, keeping it small, intuitive, fast and extensible. Gallery 3 is 4.5 MB with all of its features, which is significantly less in size compared to other similar applications.
The key features in this new release include,
- Configurable custom URLs for each album, photo or movie
- Greatly improved user interface for administration pages
- Systematic fixes for Cross Site Security (XSS) vulnerabilities.
- New, extensible context menus for albums, photos and movies.
- Better support for viewing full size images
- Rewritten Organize module. It’s got a little less functionality now, but it’s much cleaner and will be a primary focus for the next release.
- Tags are now searchable
- Much improved bidirectional language support
Elgg, a popular free and open source web software for social networking, which we have mentioned here, has released its new version 1.6.1. Elgg had one of the most powerful features from the day it was built: the access control. Everything created in Elgg, be it a blog post, an uploaded file, an element of your profile, etc., can be restricted to as many or few people you want.
This solid version of Elgg fixes a few problems users reported having in 1.6 including:
- Errors on registration with Default Widgets enabled
- Broken tag search
- Broken “Tools Administration” page when simplecache is disabled
- Bookmark links missing
- “View friends resources” links not working
Download the latest version of Elgg here.
JobberBase, which is an Open Source job board web software written in PHP/MySQL and which we have reviewed here is now out with a new version.
Apart from the release of JobberBase version 1.7, it is also coming up with a Pro/Premium version of jobberBase. It includes new features like,
- Employer Administration
- Resume Management
- Paypal Payment Integration.
And, it’s being planned to be sold at an affordable price.
If you haven’t tried out JobberBase yet, you can check out a live demo here.
[ Source ]
JobberBase is an Open Source job board software written in PHP/MySQL. It’s a great web software for adding a simple job board to your existing website. You can check out a demo instance of JobberBase here. A couple of noted websites using JobberBase are jobjob and ecommjobs but you can check also www.jobber.ro out of which jobberBase was born (a popular Romanian IT job board).
jobberBase is a great solution for single-industry recruitment, for job boards focusing on one niche.
- Post jobs without creating an account.
- Search for jobs.
- Administration control panel.
- Supports RSS feeds.
- Site-widget to show jobs on other sites.
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
Note: Before starting, make sure you have PHP 5+ and MySQL 4.1+ installed on your server. Also, Apache module mod_rewrite has to be enabled and overriding default settings with .htaccess need to be allowed.
See the steps on the next page…